viewers

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Moon Waltz

I've always been fond of the moon. It's really pretty, whatever shape, full moon or crescent moon, it's always look beautiful.

There are many songs and stories about or inspired by the moon . The story of the bamboo cutter from japan or Kaguya hime, the story about the moon bunnies, Bella Luna, the song by Jason Mraz which is one of my favourite song of all time, Tsukiyo no monogatari  by Domoto Koichi, Fly me to the moon by Frank Sinatra and many more.

Recently, I read "Tsuki No Warutsu", a manga by Mitsuki Kako, it's a love story between a wealthy girl and her butler. It has a bitter sweet ending where finally they're both can be together forever.
Also I found a song with the same title "Tsuki no warutsu" (there is no connection between the manga and the song) which I think is really beautiful. The song is like telling me a fairy tale about a castle in the moon and there is a prince in that castle who invite me to dance a waltz.

With that kind of romantic stories, I can't help myself but be inspired to draw something romantic too. I really love the title "Waltz of the moon", it has a nice ring to it.

In the dark of the night, the moon light shines upon the destined lover as they dance a waltz of the moon.

I was wondering, why do I like the moon so much? Maybe it's because I'm an owl, I have more energy at night than I do at day. Then, I found out that apparently the meaning of my last name is "moon". I don't know if it has anything to do with my fondness of the moon, but I'm really happy to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment