viewers

Friday, January 2, 2015

Be sweet like sugar

First illustration in 2015! Did it with drawing pen and faber castell colored pencils.

It turns out, the song "Sugar" from Kerli is still in my favourite list. The melody is a bit unusual, I didn't like it the first time, but then I got addicted to the song, just like I addicted to sugar.

There's no innapropriate words in the song and yet, the song still give the guilty vibe. The lyric is full with sweet, sexual innuendos. In my opinion this song is about how an innocent girl experienced her first "sugar", and then it turn out that she likes it, and crave for more.

I don't know why, but this song reminds me of the novel "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov.

So here again, another illustration inspired by the song. I intended to draw the girl with blonde hair, just like Kerli. But, I think just one color is boring and because Kerli herself often play with crazy colors with her hair and can still pull it off, I decided to use numerous colors for the hair. After it's done, I realize that she look like Stocking from the anime "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt". If anyone is curious, please do watch it, it's an awesome show, but remember that it's not for kids.

Happy New Year 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment