viewers

Sunday, September 2, 2012

My favourite candies

I freakin love sweets, especially candies.
There are so many types of candy and I love most of all, but of course, I have my favourites.

 Gulali Jakarta and grandma's hair

One of my favourites. Red and green colored candy stick to a skewer, it's Jakarta traditional candy. They usually sold as street food, but this day, we can see them being sold at the supermarket.
Still, I like to buy it from the seller on the street instead.
The seller usually ride a bicycle and attach a box on the backside of the bicycle to keep the candy dough. One more benefit if we buy it from the traditional seller, we can ask the seller to mold the candy as we wish. 
There are so many cute shapes like rooster, heart, flower or baby pacifier. They're really fun!

The other one is Rambut Nenek (Grandma's hair).
This sweets resembles cotton candy but with rough texture just like hair (that's how it got the name).
It usually served between two crispy chips just like sandwich.


Plum Candies

Plum candy is candy from China. It's a transparent candy with a red plum inside the candy
The candy taste is sweet and little bit salty and sour beacuse of the red plum inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment